HDTV pink distortion flicker w. 780ti

G

Hi there,

Until last night my setup was fine, but I turned on my PC this morning and my HDTV has pink shapes flicker up the screen (they look like very tiny lines of text, but I don't think they are), and a thin pink distortion line at the very top of the display when I play fullscreen games or video.

I have a 780ti graphics card, with a primary monitor being hooked up with DVI, and my HDTV as a secondary monitor using HDMI. I've been using this setup for months, either swapping between screens, or extending the desktop so I can watch things on one while working on the other. Last night everything was fine when I turned the PC off, but this morning I have the flicker issue.

I have tried reinstalling the graphic drivers, from clean, but that didn't help. Unless I sleepwalked and did something to the PC in the night, I have no idea what's happened between midnight and 8am this morning. Is my graphics card faulty? (both screens are 1920 x 1080 60).

I just noticed that when I reduce the refresh rate of the HDTV to 50 the problem goes away (but the display looks awful). It ran at 60 fine until today.

Many thanks,
Jason.

G

Solved. Faulty TV. One of the HDMI ports seems to be a dud: anything plugged into that particular port has flicker.