Looking to Upgrade PC what should i upgrade first?

Scott Mitchell

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Im looking to upgrade my PC, not sure what to upgrade first or if i should just build another, heres the specs, thanks for any help in advance :)

GeForce GTX 750 ti
AMD A8-6600k
16gb ram
cx 500
F2A55M-Hd2 motherboard
250 samsung evo SSD running windows 7

popatim

Titan
Nothing really there to upgrade without going to an intel build IMO.
What I mean is you could get a better GPU but you dont have the cpu to push it. You could upgrade the Cpu but you have an APU system so thats not really worth pursuing.
So if your going to purchase a new motherbd and processor you might as well go Intel, again this is IMO.

mrhippo900

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2013

Lol he doesn't have to upgrade to an Intel... considering starting with your CPU if you want a higher end CPU consider an FX series AMD or Intel i5. Then when you feel you are ready get an Nvidia Maxwell GPU or a 290x from AMD.

drill97

Reputable
Jul 20, 2014
Hi Scott, it would help a lot if you could specify the amount of money you can spend in doing this.

Without knowing what you can afford, I think you have a solid machine there. RAM is more than enough for now and for some more years, GPU although not perfect, does the job quite well for now and a nice Power Supply.

Having that in mind, the only thing I think needs a change there is definitely the CPU, and consequently the Motherboard. I would definitely check the Intel i5 or i7 series, and some Asrock, Gigabyte, Asus or MSI Z97 motherboards.

Hope I was helpful in any way. ;)

Scott Mitchell

Reputable
May 4, 2015
looking to spend around £200-£300, whats the best motherboard and cpu to go with the rest of my rig? how much would it improve my pc? thanks for the help guys :)

Scott Mitchell

Reputable
May 4, 2015

looking to spend around £200-£300, whats the best motherboard and cpu to go with the rest of my rig? how much would it improve my pc? thanks for the help guys :)

Scott Mitchell

Reputable
May 4, 2015

popatim

Titan
For that much you could certainly get into an i5 and motherbd. certainly enough to get an i5-4690k and a midrange z97 motherbd (and thats including VAT)

do you have a brand preference?

Scott Mitchell

Reputable
May 4, 2015
nope no brand preference as its my first build and havent used other brands, just looking to get a good upgrade right now as my pc can run battlefield, h1z1 etc very very well in my eyes atleast, but struggles with arma 3, usually around 20-30 fps on the lowest settings on arma 3 so would getting a new/better cpu and motherboard increase performance and fps? cheers :)