Could I be able to Extend my screen by using a HDMI to USB3 cable?

dantheman3000

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
Hello everyone,

I'm quite new to this forum but anyway, here goes.. I have a HP Pavilion All in One and HP Pavilion Laptop, both running 64bit Windows 8.1. I use my All In One for streaming and I need a second monitor to check to see if my stream is running fine on OBS (OBS = the streaming software.) Also as I program games on my computer I could really do with another screen to show things like resources and help pages. As my All In One has no HDMI output or VGA or DVI, just USB's and headphone jacks as well as microphone, should I buy a USB3 to HDMI cable? (I have a HDMI output in my laptop). Would I be able to EXTEND the screen using it or just duplicate?

If this is not a good way then what is? I really do need some help as will order soon on my Amazon Prime.

Here's one of the cables. I am not going to splash out on a new monitor as not only as it isn't worth it, I don't have enough space in my house: www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Matters-SuperSpeed-2048x1152-1920x1200-Black/dp/B00BPEV1XK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430758715&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+to+usb3

Thanks,

Dan

Solution
There are USB-to-HDMI video adapters, but you will need to plug the other end into another HDMI monitor / TV, you cannot use your laptop for that.

You can install some remote desktop software on your AIO like TeamViewer, and remote-control it over Internet (or home network) from your laptop. Cost = zero (for non-commercial use).
There are USB-to-HDMI video adapters, but you will need to plug the other end into another HDMI monitor / TV, you cannot use your laptop for that.

You can install some remote desktop software on your AIO like TeamViewer, and remote-control it over Internet (or home network) from your laptop. Cost = zero (for non-commercial use).

Solution