Acer x173w VGA LCD : Can't set to native resolution/refresh rate

nekomastermax

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I was playing Grand Theft Auto 5 earlier today and as usual the game crashed for some lame reason, and being full screened it causes my monitors to flicker as i returned to my desktop.

Though today for some reason when this happened, my 2nd monitor (an ACER x173w) suddenly stopped working properly, showing "Input no Supported" on the screen.

It was just working fine before this all happened, running at its native resolution and rate of 1440x900 @ 60 Hz...

Now Nvidia CP and Windows Display Options are stating that it only wants to run at 83 Hz, anything lower then 1440x900 will allow for 60 Hz operation but anything less then 1440x900 looks crappy (even 1368x900 looks blurry).

Is there anyway to fix this? The monitor works in BIOS/CMOS and works at lower resolutions but I can't get it to run at its native now... I checked the cables and they're good and tight, I dunno what else to do.

PS : Yes the monitor is running off a DVI to VGA adapter, I already tested that out, also tried plugging the monitor into my other DVI port with no luck. I even swapped adapters with my sisters adapter and nothing changed.

Solution
I actually fixed this my self....

I dunno how the refresh rate got messed up but I was able to fix it with the Custom Resolution Utility

If anyone else has a problem with refresh rates getting messed up, heres a link to the forum where i got the program and help on how to use it : http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Now back to watching good mythical morning on my (fixed) 2nd monitor while I play Minecraft on my main monitor

nekomastermax

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I actually fixed this my self....

I dunno how the refresh rate got messed up but I was able to fix it with the Custom Resolution Utility

If anyone else has a problem with refresh rates getting messed up, heres a link to the forum where i got the program and help on how to use it : http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Now back to watching good mythical morning on my (fixed) 2nd monitor while I play Minecraft on my main monitor

Solution