What are the best online troubleshooters?

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I'm looking for websites where you can see solutions for all types of computer problems?. For example: if I'm experiencing a video problem such as horizontal lines on the monitor, the most likely cause I've seen is a bad display. So in this database you'd simply input the brand/model/etc, the symptoms and you'd get the typical causes.

Thanks!

1) computer issues are not always so easy. the same problem can be caused by two different reasons in some cases.
2) it would be quite a bit of work to create such a database and there is no way that every issue and every product can be covered.
3) what would the monetary benefit be to whoever created such a product? surely you are looking for free support.

such a one-stop-shop does not exist.

reading through forums such as this one can certainly guide you on the right path towards a solution but some researching on your own for your particular model (google your model number and problem) can help determine if this general fix is right for your particular scenario or if you overlooked something. also, starting a thread and including all the specifics is a good way to get some answers on a given topic.

now there are a few troubleshooting sites for a more specific set of hardware or software but these are often not all-encompassing and may or may not be the only cause to your issues.