winload.exe could not be verified, error code 0xc0000428

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrlyrdr22

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
Running Windows 10 Technical preview 64 bit

Gigabyte 78lmt - usb3 motherboard

Keeps going into "repairing PC" but never works, like the title says, /windows/system32/winload.exe 's digital signature couldn't be verified.

Also when I press Enter to try again, or F8 for Startup Settings, it doesn't do anything, it's like my keyboard doesn't work.

Also I cant seem to boot into BIOS or choose Boot Device, "Del" and "F12" keys don't seem to work.

Solution
Wired or wireless keyboard? I would want to figure out the keyboard issue first

Once you get that sorted out, the next step will be to check and see if your HDD is working right. A failing drive could cause this kind of error.
If the drive is working, then consider doing a PC refresh or reinstalling the OS.
Wired or wireless keyboard? I would want to figure out the keyboard issue first

Once you get that sorted out, the next step will be to check and see if your HDD is working right. A failing drive could cause this kind of error.
If the drive is working, then consider doing a PC refresh or reinstalling the OS.

Solution

Loughlan

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015

I ran mine in VMware Workstation so was able to hit escape , select setup then get into bios to change the date. Seems to boot past that error and then syncs the time again after a boot.

Bit of a pain with UEFI i believe it hooks in at a lower level on the machine. I'd start wailing on all of the F keys to see if anything works.

Hrlyrdr22

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015

Sorry the google chrome extension didnt work and didnt show any replies.

My keyboard is wired but was in the wrong port, I moved the keyboard to the one furthest left, or furthest up on the back of the case. After I moved it, it worked, so i guess windows has priority on certain usb ports.

I just installed windows 7 after, figured it would be better in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.