monitor for triple screen gaming

spencerrg

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
have been in the search for 3 new monitors and will be looking at upgrading my gpu to a 980. I am at a loggerheads as to knowing which monitor would be better suited and I would like to have some form of futureproofing as i wouldn't want to be upgrading my monitors a few years down the track. I am torn between the IPS vs TN as I couldn't really notice too much of a difference when i looked in the shops ( not that they would have been configured). Then I am torn between the 60Hz vs 144Hz matter. I know that my PC would be unable to run 3 monitors at probably much over 60fps, but like i said down the track if i was to SLI, I wouldn't want to have to upgrade my monitors as well. The last matter I had was that i was after something with a super slim bezel and that is something that I haven't found in a 144Hz monitor. I never knew i would have been thinking so hard about monitors!
I am also looking at 24" @ 1080P and don't think i would do 27" @1080P just as I could notice the pixels and I don't think that a single ultrawide 34" LG would be suitable due to the slow response time
Current Specs: CPU: i5 2500k (at standard) -Mobo: Gigabyte Z68-UD3 - Ram: 2x2Gb Corsair Vengeance - Graphics: Vtx3d 6950 1Gb Wheel: Microsoft Sidewinder FFB USB + G27 Custom racing simrig with 4 Mini LFEs : Vdash