Skype crashing every time I open - Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

wade730

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Hey Guys,

I wanted some help. My Skype crashes everytime I try to open it up. The "This program is not responding error". I recently installed Windows 10 and it was working fine at first but it crapped out after only a couple days. I tried clean installing it and that didn't work.

Thanks

Solution
Give the modern app a try... it is not nearly as nice, but it may get the job done. Should be pre-installed on Win10.

For the desktop app try removing any non-essential USB devices (ie, keep the keyboard and mouse and unplug everything else). Then install Skype and try to run it. If it does not crash then it means that you are having a driver issue while initializing your camera (or some other device).

Give it a try and get back to me.
Give the modern app a try... it is not nearly as nice, but it may get the job done. Should be pre-installed on Win10.

For the desktop app try removing any non-essential USB devices (ie, keep the keyboard and mouse and unplug everything else). Then install Skype and try to run it. If it does not crash then it means that you are having a driver issue while initializing your camera (or some other device).

Give it a try and get back to me.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.