Does LG 34UM67 support 75 Hz refresh rate ?

myeungix

Honorable
May 20, 2013
Hi...

I just bought this new monitor LG 34UM67
It supports AMD FreeSync and the LinusTech video from YouTube said that it supports 75 Hz refresh rate.

Now, I have built the rig.
I use mini HDMI v1.4 cable and my VGA is GTX 970, so the AMD FreeSYnc is off (I bought this monitor, just for the Ultra Wide Screen 21:9)

But, I find this problem.
I dunno how to set the refresh rate to 75 Hz, coz in my nVidia Control Panel just support max 60 Hz ?

I think is it the cable problem ?
or the 75 Hz can be activated only if I use the DisplayPort Cable and the AMD FreeSync must be ON ?

Anyone can help me ?
Thanks..

1609740_20150504084354.jpg

Solution
Refresh Rate 60Hz
And yes, FreeSync is in there too.

When FreeSync is enabled, the monitor and GPU talk to each other to coordinate the sending of a frame of data, and then monitor lets the GPU know when it is done, so that the GPU can send the frame it created while the monitor was drawing the previous frame. What that will end up meaning as a FPS number depends on your video card and monitor combination and the game you are playing, just as it does now. CPU may also factor into this if it is loaded significantly.

As for a steady 75Hz, I doubt it.

One last point. An * at the bottom of the spec page says FreeSync will only function with a DisplayPort connection.
Refresh Rate 60Hz
And yes, FreeSync is in there too.

When FreeSync is enabled, the monitor and GPU talk to each other to coordinate the sending of a frame of data, and then monitor lets the GPU know when it is done, so that the GPU can send the frame it created while the monitor was drawing the previous frame. What that will end up meaning as a FPS number depends on your video card and monitor combination and the game you are playing, just as it does now. CPU may also factor into this if it is loaded significantly.

As for a steady 75Hz, I doubt it.

One last point. An * at the bottom of the spec page says FreeSync will only function with a DisplayPort connection.

Solution

myeungix

Honorable
May 20, 2013
yes, FreeSync can be activated using DisplayPort connection...

But, for normal use, FreeSync Off and use my GTX 970, I cannot find how to get a 75 Hz refresh rate (not in game, but normal use for browsing, watching movies and videos)

I've attached the screenshot... and there is only 60Hz to be chosen... :(

GeForce Junky

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Use Nvidia Control Panel to create a custom resolution with your desired refresh rate. If the screen goes black when you apply the setting, the monitor does not support it. If it works ok at 75hz, keep upping it until the monitor goes black or you get graphic issues, then back it down a bit. Let us know the results. You may find the monitor only supports 75hz using a display port cable.

myeungix

Honorable
May 20, 2013
By creating custom resolution, I've tried it before and it worked...!!!
I am using HDMI cable and I can get 75 Hz if I create Custom Resolution, still 76-77 can be reached, but it will become out of range at 78, 80, 100 Hz and up...

But, I want to get the 75 Refresh Rate natively, without need to create it manually...

Evil_Assassin

Reputable
May 19, 2015

Actually freesync turns the refresh rate up to 75hz and it is also noted that only the display port can achieve 75hz not the HDMI

Jason_41

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
I just picked this monitor up a few days ago and had it connected via HDMI. As I read in a post, I custom made a resolution in nvidia control panel for 2560x1080 75hz. I didn't feel like it was true 75hz. Games didn't feel smoother. So I decided to pick up a DP cable and turned on freesync(still let me turn it on even though I have an nvidia graphics card) and then 75hz was supported natively in nvidia control panel. All I had to do was select it. Oh and how glorious it is coming from 60hz!!