144hz vs 4k???

A StealthyGeko

Reputable
May 8, 2015
Ok so I am going to get a new monitor for gaming/youtube/films ect. and have been searching around for a while now. I have narrowed it down to 3 options.

Either the Asus VG248QE 24-inch which is 144hz,
or save a little more for the Asus PB287Q 28 inch Widescreen Ultra HD 4K monitor but only runs at 60hz.

Is there a noticeable difference when gaming between 60hz and 144hz and would the 4k make up for that?

Or there is always the 3rd option which is to save a lot more and get the Acer Predator XB280HKbprz 28-Inch 4K2K LED G-Sync Gaming Monitor which is 4k AND 144hz.

Which do you recon I should choose???

-Thanks

Solution
It depends. 144 hz comes really handy for fast pace games as more frames will feel smoother. 4k would be better overall but requires WAY more gpu power to run. The 3rd option is just crazy, what kind of gpu power would take to run a game at 144hz @ 4k? I don't think sli Titan x s can do it. So decision time. Take the 144z if you don't have the gpu power to run a 4k screen (at least a gtx 980). 4k makes a lot of sense as I own a one it has ruin 1080p forever for me. And go pedator if you want to show off to your friend that you have the best of the best since it's impartical for anything else at the moment and it will take a few generation of gpu advancement.
It depends. 144 hz comes really handy for fast pace games as more frames will feel smoother. 4k would be better overall but requires WAY more gpu power to run. The 3rd option is just crazy, what kind of gpu power would take to run a game at 144hz @ 4k? I don't think sli Titan x s can do it. So decision time. Take the 144z if you don't have the gpu power to run a 4k screen (at least a gtx 980). 4k makes a lot of sense as I own a one it has ruin 1080p forever for me. And go pedator if you want to show off to your friend that you have the best of the best since it's impartical for anything else at the moment and it will take a few generation of gpu advancement.

Solution

A StealthyGeko

Reputable
May 8, 2015
Thanks a lot! I will probably go for the 144hz screen then as I wasn't aware you required more power to run it. Also a good majority of what I play are fast paced fps games it sounds like the 144hz monitor is going to be the best option.

Thanks a lot for the quick response :)

-Also I have just noticed another 144hz screen with really good reviews which Is slightly cheaper, since you know a lot more about monitors than me would you be able to recommend a good 'gaming monitor' that is 144hz. Price under 400gbp? -I am probably leaning towards the Acer XB270H 27" so is this one ok?