New build recommendations needed!

SirElghinn

Reputable
May 9, 2015
Hello everyone!

So, I'm currently running with this rig:

So, I'm looking to upgrade my system because I originally built this rig back in August of 2008. Think has been with me doing great since then. However, my video card is now starting to go out and I'm having to reflow / bake it once every week just to keep the thing alive.

I'm 37 years old and having really been keeping up with the newer technologies coming out, and thought rather than stumble through learning the new stuff, and running the risk of buying incompatible components, I would ask the members of the forums here to recommend what I should get for an upgrade that will last me a good bit.

I primarily use my computer for gaming. With my current rig, I've been able to play recently released games at ultra or high settings without too much problem. Play Skyrim, Sid Meier's Beyond Earth, Cities Skyline XL, Space Engineers, Kerbal Space Program, Besiege, Empire Total War, Total War: Rome 2, etc, all on high or ultra settings. I'd like to be able to continue with that, while improving performance. I know any upgrade will more than likely be a huge improvement. But I'm also working on a tight budget, but willing to save up for really nice gear.

So, recommendations? I want to keep my old power supply and case, but wanting to switch out MOBO, Processor, GPU, RAM, and I need a recommendation for a good gaming disk drive, either SSD or HDD. I'm also not looking to seriously overclock or anything like that, I want stable and reliable.

I know some members love doing stuff like this, so I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

SirElghinn

Reputable
May 9, 2015
Well, when I initially built the rig I have now, I spent over $3,000 on it. I would like to keep it below $1,500 if possible. At the same time, I have no problem with investing the money into a machine.