RAM wont work but when different RAM inserted it works although motherboard supports it!!

TribuDan

Reputable
May 10, 2015
Hi i hope you can help, il give you my specs first:
msi 970a g43
amd fx6300
ddr3 2gb 1333mhz (current)
msi gtx660 twin frozr

Now my issue is before i purchased all of my components i strenuously checked compatibility as im running a very tight budget for gaming as i am a bit behind on specs so i upgraded to what i have stated. i placed everything together and i was having the no POST issue so i checked everything until i realised it was RAM. i borrowed another module of a member of family which worked. the problem module is a 8gb ddr3 1600mhz which was clearly stated on MSI's website to be compatible and also just before i wrote this i did a crucial scan and it showed i could upgrade to this type. before i totally give up and assume the RAM is faulty (i bought from ebay with everything else) is there any steps to get it working. i have already updated my BIOS and am currently updating chipset drivers through MSI utility. plz help

TribuDan

Reputable
May 10, 2015
i quickly resolved this after posting, when i had a detailed look into the type of RAM, unfortunately the seller had sold me Registered RAM. so he will be getting a refund request. its really something that should be in the product description when selling. thanx for the reply though :)