Mobile IT support a practical business?

Lukas Keizer

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
I want to start a business where the main objective is to be mobile, fast, and versatile, as in we would be available 24/7 ready to tackle any computer support or other issue that might come up. Trying to stay away from the network building and setting up ( I can do some network repair, not an issue). Mostly wanna stick with on call support for not just businesses but residential. I live in a big city so there is plenty of people. Thinking I would charge 60-70$ an hour for residential and 110-120$ an hour for business. Also not a single msp or anything similar has any radio ads, tv ads, bill boards or really any advertising at all, so I think if I got a few radio ads and MAYBE a tv ad I could get some good business. Throwing around the idea of weekend training too, I will have a partner to start with, so I could alternate with him teaching stuff like pc repair, virus removal etc.

Solution
It's easy now with remote access. You can get help from anywhere with products like Goto My PC, Bomgar, LogMein. You don't really have to be mobile.

Iamsoda

Distinguished

You forgot team viewer. Yeah that is a job I want to do also, but I will end up working for a company because I don't trust getting enough of my own business.

Lukas Keizer

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Well if the computer doesnt turn on, the monitor doesnt turn on, or anything else that compromises proper boot then that won't work. But I feel like I could market away from it. Seeing as how NO ONE advertises I could claim "remote access is'nt near as reliable as an actual person being there to help you". Being in the south people like other people a lot for some reason lol.

Lukas Keizer

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Also a lot of residential people don't know about or even how to use remote services. I live in Charleston SC and it's jammed full of old rich people. Like I said I'm also considering training and there is about an equal amount of unemployed or underemployed people in the poorer areas and I think they would be willing to pay 20$ for a skill that could land them a job somewhere else.