Is it important to set work parameters?

Lukas Keizer

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
I was just wondering if it's important to "define" what sort of IT business you have. I see a lot of companies that just do a bunch of what looks like random IT and computer stuff, and others, generally the smaller ones, focus on one or a few things that they know they are good at. To me it looks like the ones with more services make more money, but they don't really classify themselves as an IT support company, an MSP, VPS, or anything else. There like "blank tech solution". Seriously that's almost all of the bigger ones. But is it important to set parameters that define what kind of business you have, or is it ok to do whatever.

Solution
Parameters? Of course.
Can you support a business of 1,000 users? Or are you fixing granny's virused up PC at home?
Do you support out call services? Or just people that bring it into the store?
Custom builds, with some specific color of blue LED, with the correct liquid cooling?

USAFRet

Titan
Parameters? Of course.
Can you support a business of 1,000 users? Or are you fixing granny's virused up PC at home?
Do you support out call services? Or just people that bring it into the store?
Custom builds, with some specific color of blue LED, with the correct liquid cooling?

Solution

Lukas Keizer

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
But to answer you, we'll be starting out with 2 people. Myself and my business partner. We hope to have at least 10 companies on contract within the first year or so, and we also wanna "fix granny's pc" as in we will support call in from businesses and residential.