High Ram Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I have a pretty minimal startup and sit at ~3.8GB of ram when idle, this is a little high, but still in the range of 'totally normal'.
The trick with win10 is that it has excellent memory management, meaning that it is pre-loading a bunch of stuff in the background that you may not need right this moment so that if you use those features then it goes very quickly. However, if you start running low on RAM, or have a limited amount to RAM to work with in the first place, it scales very nicely and will free up resources as needed.

You paid all of that money for that RAM, might as well put it to good use rather than sitting idle forever. Keep an eye on it, but I would not mess with it unless you are having genuine performance issues that...

TwiztedUnique

Reputable
Oct 5, 2014

I never reached 6Gigs of ram usage at all even when I was using windows 8.1. It has never been this high

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

Looking at the list of programs it looks like some are set to begin at startup. You can disable them at startup it looks like Utorrent, Winamp, Anti Malwarebytes . Looks like you are gamer that uses Steam.

I have a pretty minimal startup and sit at ~3.8GB of ram when idle, this is a little high, but still in the range of 'totally normal'.
The trick with win10 is that it has excellent memory management, meaning that it is pre-loading a bunch of stuff in the background that you may not need right this moment so that if you use those features then it goes very quickly. However, if you start running low on RAM, or have a limited amount to RAM to work with in the first place, it scales very nicely and will free up resources as needed.

You paid all of that money for that RAM, might as well put it to good use rather than sitting idle forever. Keep an eye on it, but I would not mess with it unless you are having genuine performance issues that may be RAM related.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS