Dual monitors: HDMI+DVI question [SOLVED]

Domjan1911

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Hello everyone I have a quick question.

I have a DVI monitor and one port on my PC for it, I am planning to buy a HDMI monitor to have dual monitors, now is it possible to run both DVI monitor & the HDMI one at the same time, since I have 2 USB 3.0 ports infront of my case which I heard are just what you need for HDMI monitor?

So could I just leave my DVI monitor plugged in and plug the HDMI one in the usb ports and it would instantly let me have 2 screens? This is my first experience with dual monitors so excuse my ignorance.

Sorry if I sound a bit uninformed because if I were obviously I wouldn't be here :)

Solution
An HDMI monitor would need an HDMI port from the pc, not a usb.
As for whether your pc can run dual monitors we would need to know much more info about it. If its an OEM like HP or Dell then the full model# or service tag# from the sticker on the back/bottom will do.
Thank you.

and keep in mind that bumping your post is not allowed here.

popatim

Titan
An HDMI monitor would need an HDMI port from the pc, not a usb.
As for whether your pc can run dual monitors we would need to know much more info about it. If its an OEM like HP or Dell then the full model# or service tag# from the sticker on the back/bottom will do.
Thank you.

and keep in mind that bumping your post is not allowed here.

Solution

Domjan1911

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Okay so in the back I have 2 HDMI ports and 2 DVI ports on the PC, as for my PC I'm not quite sure what do you mean about the full model because it was custom built and handpicked by me, so I don't see any stickers with a model or a service tag on the back, I'm guessing that's not OEM then.

Sorry for the bump I didn't realize that, however thanks for the reply.

Here's some PC specs just in case:

GFX: AMD Radeon R9 200
CPU: Intel Core i5-4590, 3.3 Ghz Quad Core
RAM: 8GB