Thoughts on this custom gaming PC rig?

Yakrov

Reputable
May 30, 2014
I am building a new gaming pc ( upgrading from my last one) and just wanted to get some peoples thoughts on the parts im picking,

Case: Noctis 450 red / black

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII hero

CPU: i5 4690K

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1

PSU: eVGA SuperNova 850w

SSD 1: 250GB (for windows/other software)

SSD 2: 500GB (for games/music etc.)

RAM: 24 GB DDR3 (taking 3 sticks of 8GB out of my old PC and leaving 1 in there)

Fans: Corsair Air Series AF120 (x5 for replacing original case fans and liquid cooling fans)

Liquid Cooling: Corsair H100i

Extras: I am also going to purchase individually sleeved cables to go with the whole red/black theme of the pc, a disk drive and a new gaming monitor.

I would just like to get some peoples opinions on the rig and see if there is any way i could improve it before i purchase it.

Phil923

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2014
Honestly you don't need the second SSD for games and music, a normal HDD will be just as effective, but if you want faster loading times and faster transfer speeds, the SSD is good for it.

Everything else looks good to me.

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
That's a lot of money to drop knowing there is so much new product on the horizon ie. (skylake, GTX980ti, AMD 300 series...)

It's also silly to get an i5 + $100 cpu cooler when you could just get the 4790k that already runs +500mhz faster

Yakrov

Reputable
May 30, 2014

Yes, but if these things are on the horizon, how long do you think it would take for these things to arrive on our doorsteps. I would rather buy a pc now then have to wait another like 3-9 months