Installed new GPU and CPU but now I don't get any display on my monitor.

RageCage22

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Just installed my new GPU and CPU but now I don't get a display on my monitor. I forgot to uninstall previous drivers before installing my new parts in, I went from a gtx 770 to a gtx 970, and my CPU went from an i5 to an i5 Devils canyon (can't remember the name of the first one) anyone know a way to remove drivers without being able to go onto the computer? Or how to fix this issue? Thank you!

EDIT: totally forgot to mention, I Installed a new motherboard today as well.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
The NVidia drivers will work for both cards. That's not your issue.
All the connections are tight and your monitors power is connected tight too right? Are you getting the requisite beeps at power on? Do you have another monitor the check that possible issue? Did the video card click into the slot properly? Some stupid questions, yes, but necessary to ask. Veterans have gotten excited and screwed things up too........

RageCage22

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
Im unable to see anything on my screen, so I can't go onto a website or anything. I did not check if I could get an update for BIOS, and how could I reset it? My PC has never beeped, it's always been quiet and never makes a sound like that. I can recheck if I placed everything in properly. I can try posting the link to a picture and see if you guys can point anything out

Unplug GPU, unplug all hdd, recheck all cables, unplug bios battery wait 5 min, try boot only on CPU, mobo, and ram * plug monitor to mobo.

If this not help with boot to bios try on one ram stick * check both.

And check if you turn on power button on the back side of PSU ;)

Swap CPU to old one boot, download and update bios, swap for new CPU boot and be happy ;) * this can solve CPU / bios issue.

Old GPU drivers are not issue , even with old drivers you will be seen something on screen.

RageCage22

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I can't switch CPUs. My new motherboard is unsupportive of my old CPU. My old motherboard isn't working properly so I had to replace it, so I can't start my PC up or anything with the old CPU. I don't see anything when I start it, all the fans run properly, I hear the beep, but I get nothing on my monitor.

Until your old CPU are not using different socket you can try use old one :)
Or ask a friend / local shop to update you bios on mobo.

All possible issue:
- Mobo bios not support devil cannon i5
- You forget plug ram sticks ;)
- You forget plug some cable.
- Damaged hardware/ CPU/ GPU or mobo

RageCage22

Honorable
Jan 17, 2014
I think I'm gonna just bring it to a repair shop or something and hope they can fix it. All my new hardware should be fine. All fans run perfectly, I just don't get a display on my monitor