What is this connector Called? Where can I buy them?

bonezore

Reputable
May 14, 2015
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/apl3jwwhac8jidd/AAAAQfepQcqaxf17EdMB8MgFa?dl=0

This is an LCD controller board that lets me plug hdmi, dvi, vga & audio into it and have it display on the screen of a broken laptop I have. The concept is to recycle a dead laptop screen & make it into an external monitor. The little white rectangular connector that the arrows point to in my pics is the speaker port (in case you want speakers built into your monitor).

My problem is that I don't have the male connector that would plug into that port, and the worst part is I have know idea what it's called or what to search for when trying to find one online! I've tried looking for the past few days with absolutely no luck. I prefer to have an actual connector instead trying to solder the speaker wires to the terminals because 1) I can't solder, and 2) I'd like to be able to undo the components easily.

Can someone tell me what the male end of this connector is called and possibly where I can find it? (FYI Radioshack doesn't have it).

Here are some things I do know about this port:
-The controller board model # is M.NT68676.2, googling that brings up easy results for the exact board I have.
-I found the specification PDF (Included in link) which refers to the connector as "CN20 (4PIN/2.0) Speaker Connector"
-It has 4 pins, is 1cm long (3/8"), and 1/2cm wide (3/16"), see pic in link.

Again if anyone could help that'd be great, thanks!

Luke Ystarh

Reputable
May 16, 2015
Hi , I come to acquire the same control board and I have the same problem .
I do not know the name of the connector.
I have already recovered the speaker on a laptop but the connector is too small although wired identically