Looking for a second monitor

vjos

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Hi, I have been looking for a new second monitor for my Benq XL2411 24" for a while, and I have not found anything yet, Could anyone recommend me a monitor? I have bought 3 monitors in about 15 years so I have no real experience.

Thanks in advance!
I will fill out the questions from the stickied post below:

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
United Kingdom, but I can ship from pretty much anywhere in the EU

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor?
I plan to use it for a secondary display for many applications, such as using teamspeak and AIMP3 whilst gaming, for the tool box windows in photo editing programs, the mixer in cubase and so on.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
I would prefer it to match the height (but not resolution) of my Benq monitor, and I don't mind if it needs to be a horizontal monitor rotated vertically. I needs to be smaller than 24" as there is not enough space for that on my desk (horizontally).

4. What refresh rate do you want?
Nothing under 60hz. I am running a 10 year old monitor at 60hz alongside my Benq currently, and nothing wrong has happened, so a lower refresh rate than 144hz wont be a problem.

5. How much are you looking to spend?
Nothing more than £200, but I don't think that will be necessary.

6. Brands Preferred
None

7. Brands Not Preferred
None

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
Not initially but I may consider doing so.

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
I have a GTX 970, I believe it can support up to 4 monitors.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To
I would prefer display port or DVI-D but I would be able to find an adapter for most common types.

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
Secondary

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
No, it is for a desktop computer.

Solution
ok, you already have a 144Hz display, so another one is not needed, and 1440p is out of the question as those are mostly 27".
as for I secondary display, I like it to be not as fast, but beautiful, so you have one very fast monitor for gaming, and another one which is accurate and beautiful so you can do all your other stuff there. a cheap IPS 1080p display should be perfect for that job, staying under your budget. this is a good one thats under 24":
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-22mp55hqp (its IPS, relatively low response time (considering its IPS, its about 5ms), and its 105 quid)

vjos

Reputable
May 17, 2015

My main monitor is a Benq XL2411 24", which I got a month ago. My old no-brand monitor which I was using a secondary died on me. I would get another XL2411, but there is not enough room for another 24" monitor on my desk.

davidarad02

Admirable
ok, you already have a 144Hz display, so another one is not needed, and 1440p is out of the question as those are mostly 27".
as for I secondary display, I like it to be not as fast, but beautiful, so you have one very fast monitor for gaming, and another one which is accurate and beautiful so you can do all your other stuff there. a cheap IPS 1080p display should be perfect for that job, staying under your budget. this is a good one thats under 24":
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-22mp55hqp (its IPS, relatively low response time (considering its IPS, its about 5ms), and its 105 quid)

Solution

vjos

Reputable
May 17, 2015

Thanks! That is just the right size for my desk too (got out the measuring tape).