Looking at buying a 144hz monitor is it worth it?

Shepherd17

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Hey guys or gals,

I had a question in regards to 144hz monitors. I currently have a 60hz and was thinking about upgrading after watching some youtube videos about how 144hz are so much more smooth than 60 hz monitors in first person shooter games. I've heard many pro csgo players say that 120 hz and 144 hz are a big step up from 60 hz.

I was talking to a friend today about upgrading my monitor and he said that it wasn't really worth it. That my gpus wouldn't be able to put out enough frames to really make the monitor worth it. I have 2 gtx 570's sli currently, I think they'd be able to put out the frames necessary.

Is buying a 140 hz worth it with the gpus I have now. I'm just confused and would like someone to better explain the 60hz vs 144hz difference and whether or not you think its worth it to upgrade?

Solution
Not up to me to decide. But it wont make you a better player, but it will make things look more smooth. In my opinion--If your current one is a IPS, then a 144 Hz would be a downgrade, because the more affordable panels are cheap crap (TN) in terms of color accuracy and contrast. My recommendation based on your current rig would be a 75 Hz IPS monitor-if you really want to upgrade. :)
Not up to me to decide. But it wont make you a better player, but it will make things look more smooth. In my opinion--If your current one is a IPS, then a 144 Hz would be a downgrade, because the more affordable panels are cheap crap (TN) in terms of color accuracy and contrast. My recommendation based on your current rig would be a 75 Hz IPS monitor-if you really want to upgrade. :)

Solution