Whats the name of the integrated graphics inside amd apu's ?

Ahmed Alamassi

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Let's say the amd 7850k apu , what's the name of the graphics inside that apu ? I want to compare it with nvidia discrete graphics card , and don't know what to search for in benchmark sites.

didn't find anything about Apu's when I searched in:
-Toms hardware Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart
-Gpuboss
-3dmark

where is the benchmarks for amd apus compared to nvidia ? (I'm looking for graphics perfomance)

and how is the graphics performance in desktop Apu's compared to laptops Apu's ? (graphics performance only)
for example
AMD FX 7600P(laptop apu)
amd a10 7850k(desktop apu)
If I compare it in cpuboss
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-7600P-vs-AMD-A10-7850K
in the Integrated Graphics comparison , It say the both have the "Radeon™ R7" is that the full name of iGpu ? if so , does that mean that both apu's will have the same graphics performance ? or the integrated graphics in the laptop apu is a mobile version and weaker than the desktop counterpart ? what does "Radeon™ R7" mean ? is it R7 240 ? R7 250? R7 260?

Mysticking32

Honorable
Sep 28, 2014
Apu combines the CPU with the GPU to (supposedly) make communication between the two easier.

The integrated graphics on an apu (accelerated processing unit) are called Radeon graphics.

And usually when comparing desktop GPU to laptop gpus, desktop always wins. So long as they have the same number. Both have the r7 260 for example, the desktop will always be stronger. Laptop versions are reduced in size + power to fit nicely into a laptop. Therefore they have less capability.

yeskay

Distinguished

Official AMD Information on APU:

Notebook APU table with Dual Graphics Brand (this is the Integrated GPU), along with what Discrete Graphics Card that you can Hybrid Crossfire AKA Dual Graphics Solution (i.e., Crossfire the Discrete Graphics Card with APU's Integrated Graphics Card)

AMD Notebook Dual Graphics Solutions

Desktop APU table with Dual Graphics Brand (this is the Integrated GPU Name), along with what Discrete Graphics Card that you can Hybrid Crossfire AKA Dual Graphics Solution (i.e., Crossfire the Discrete Graphics Card with APU's Integrated Graphics Card)

AMD Desktop Dual Graphics Solutions

Detailed third party information which has listed all APU iGPU Names + the Discrete GPU Names that you can Hybrid Crossfire:
Recommended graphics cards for AMD dual-graphics

Laptop Graphics Comparison here
Laptop Graphics Gaming Benchmark here
Laptop Graphics Benchmark here

Cheers!

Ahmed Alamassi

Reputable
May 18, 2015

thanks for the links , It was exactly what I've wanted.