Overclock Intel Core i5 3570K

Ghita Paslariu

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Hi. I have a pretty old rig,built it 2 years ago and decided to upgrade it a bit.
The motherboard is Asrock ASR-B75M-GL B75M-GL
Intel i3 3220
GTX 650 Ti
8GB DDR3
256 SSD
1TB HDD

Now I ordered a GTX 970 and a Intel Core i5 3570K (got it pretty cheap as 2nd hand)

I never overclocked anything before and to be honest I was very satisfied with the old parts,I just upgraded for GTA V and I just had some money to spare. Now I understand that K in the i5 is made for overclocking and people say and I quote "To have a K and not overclock it is a sin".
I've done some research and some said this motherboard does not do overclocking. The i5 hasn't arrived yet but I need your opinion on this.
I don't care that much for OC but if it's there and it's safe,hell,why not?

You quoted "To have a K and not overclock it is a sin". Following that logic, having a K CPU without a good Z77 motherboard to overclock it would also be a sin. The cost of a new motherboard isn't worth it unless you need the additional performance.

Ghita Paslariu

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Guess I'll stick to the stock setting. I'm sure it will do perfectly fine considering I never had any problems with any games I play with the old i3. Can't see why I'd need extra performance.I was looking for a 3570 to buy and after the purchase I found out what the K ment.

TRENDING THREADS