a+ pratice questions help

ransom18

Reputable
May 19, 2015
Hello I have some practice questions from A+ and would like to see your opinion on these questions:

A user boot up a pc and the date and time was off for a few second before reverting back to the correct time, what to do to fix this:

a. change cmos battery
b. synchronize with a different time zone
c. sync with a different time server
d. change date and time manually in bios

I think the answer would be "A. change cmos battery" but I'm not too sure.

What channel to install a soho if channel 6,8,9 is already in use(I think this has to do with the U.S frequency standard 1,6,11 without overlapping them).
a.1
b.3
c.11
d.7

People are saying it's "C.11" but I think it's "A.1".

Which is the most serious/dangerous?

a.Rootkit
b.Trojan
c.virus
d.malware

This is one confusing, so I'm not too sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

A user boot up a pc and the date and time was off for a few second before reverting back to the correct time, what to do to fix this:

a. change cmos battery
b. synchronize with a different time zone
c. sync with a different time server
d. change date and time manually in bios

I think the answer would be "A. change cmos battery" but I'm not too sure.
I think you're correct.

What channel to install a soho if channel 6,8,9 is already in use(I think this has to do with the U.S frequency standard 1,6,11 without overlapping them).
a.1
b.3
c.11
d.7

People are saying it's "C.11" but I think it's "A.1".
Agreed. 11 will overlap with those on 8 & 9. If not in the US/Canada, you could also use 13.

Which is the most serious/dangerous?

a.Rootkit
b.Trojan
c.virus
d.malware

This is one confusing, so I'm not too sure.
Agreed... Malware is sort of an all of the above answer. Unless they only mean PUPs. Probably either A or D.

Rootkit is the most dangerous. As for the other questions I'm not sure.

The reason the Rootkit is the most dangerous is that process can run at the same protection level as the Operating System and has access to everything. Where a Virus, Trojan or Malware are more limited and can only run at the application or perhaps driver level.

ransom18

Reputable
May 19, 2015
A user has a soho (i think it was either router A or B), the router is in a room with 3inch wall, the pc is in office across the room, the printer is in the middle. The user can ad hoc print to the server but cannot connect to the internet why?

a.ad hoc only work with a/b
b.no connection,
c.router too far
d.rj11 cable is being used

Sorry to double post, but I forgot my friend gave me this question.

asoliman818

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015