suspicious activity detected

jacobknopp

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Hey guys I was using fiddler for a while considering I don't have good internet where I live and have to use phone internet. So fiddler catches web traffic and strips and rebuilds the UA so T-Mobile can't see it, and I spouse that is why I am blocked on my pc can a moderator help me out please? I sent in two of those forms, but after a week I still can't even view a page from tom's kinda sucks.

Solution
Yeah, things like that tend to trigger our anti-bot mechanisms, including those captcha forms (although I'm not familiar with this particular "Fiddler" service). We're actively looking for less disruptive ways to combat those instances because we understand that some people prefer more secure/private browsing experiences, but for now, this is what we have. Bots and crawlers have brought the site to complete standstills multiple times in the past, and although we wish we didn't have to do this, the inconvenience this poses to a small number of users is far outweighed by the disaster of having the entire site be inaccessible to anybody at all.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Yeah, things like that tend to trigger our anti-bot mechanisms, including those captcha forms (although I'm not familiar with this particular "Fiddler" service). We're actively looking for less disruptive ways to combat those instances because we understand that some people prefer more secure/private browsing experiences, but for now, this is what we have. Bots and crawlers have brought the site to complete standstills multiple times in the past, and although we wish we didn't have to do this, the inconvenience this poses to a small number of users is far outweighed by the disaster of having the entire site be inaccessible to anybody at all.

Solution

jacobknopp

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
I discovered a way to use the hotspot without a UA spoofer so it wont be a issue anymore, but how long until I get unblocked? it is only my entrainment pc everything else is giving me access.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Blocked? You should not by blocked from accessing the site if you can make it past the captchas. Try clearing your browser cache if anything, which might help. If you continue to run into issues, please take screenshots of any errors/warnings/redirect pages/etc and send a detailed description to community@tomshardware.com (assuming you are unable to access the forums).

jacobknopp

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Well then didn't get the redirect this time not sure why. Last time I tried to load a discussion it took me to a form submission page with no other options, nevertheless I am back up thank you.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
You're very welcome! Also, please accept our apologies for the annoying captchas. Trust me, we don't like them either, which is why we're looking for ways to keep the site safe without having to resort to that. Glad to know that we've helped you navigate your way around them though :)