What was your first job?

JaysonJacob

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2014
Hello,

I'm a high school student in Philadelphia, and recently I've been trying to find a job, so that I can earn some cash over the summer to save for college and stuff (It's a lot harder than I thought). While looking for jobs, I wondered what most people did as their first job. So what was your first job?

I made pizza in high school (started at 15). That experience actually lasted until the end of college, cooked my way through a few different pizza restaurants. Ended college as a short-order cook at a place that did pizza, burgers, salads, pastas etc. I made money, got free meals, and learned to cook. All pluses for someone in high school or college.

pcgaming98

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
This should be a discussion thread not a question.

Regardless, I'm in the same boat as you. 16 in HS begging for money to get all the beginner certs under the sun. Sucks when your city isn't so tech savvy, and all of the PC repair businesses are individual run.

God forbid I resort to working in a fast food joint!

Kewlx25

Distinguished
House keeping. Mom canceled the internet and told me she wouldn't get it back until I got a job. I guess playing Diablo 2 14 hours a day didn't count as a full time job.