Newly built PC gives me an unsharp image on a VGA display monitor

Robqui

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Hello,

I created this account because I need help with my new computer that I built.

The specs

Processor: Intel Core i3 4160
Motherboard: Asus B85M-G
Videocard: Asus R7 250X 2GB
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8 GB DDR3
SSD: Kingston SSD Now V300
Power supply: Seasonic S12II-Bronze 430W

Monitor: 22" Philips 223E1SB/00, hooked up with a dvi to vga adapter that came with the video card, plus a vga cable that I bought myself.

Running OS Windows 8.1

Problem

The main problem is that my display doesn't look sharp at all, almost giving me a headache. The resolution is set to its native (1920 x 1080), the refresh rate is 60 Hz which I also set to that value on the AMD catalyst center.

I tried ClearType but that did not effect the overall quality of course, only the fonts a little bit. But the problem here is that the entire surface looks unsharp.

I have updated to the most important latest drivers for my pc. All cables are sitting tight where they supposed to be. I tried wiggling the VGA cable, but that doesn't do anything (btw this cable is brand new, so I take it this is working properly). I tried switching the power cables to different sockets, placing the computer to other power sockets, all this had no effect either.

I played around with the monitor settings: brightness, contrast, etc. but this didn't help getting rid of the blurry surface.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?