Why the android app is bad?

Solution
the disappointed users are mainly because the android app is not all that great... and you would be better off viewing the mobile version direct on your mobile browser than using the app. there really has not been much development on the app.

i've mentioned a few times about getting tapatalk support for the forums but so far, no dice. tapatalk would make things a bit more convenient since it is an already well known, well used product meant specifically for forum browsing and posting.

as far as why? i'm no PR agent (perhaps titillating will post an update on this) but as far as i recall the devs are busy with many other projects at the moment. there is quite a large backlog of stuff which was suggested and approved but still on the...
the disappointed users are mainly because the android app is not all that great... and you would be better off viewing the mobile version direct on your mobile browser than using the app. there really has not been much development on the app.

i've mentioned a few times about getting tapatalk support for the forums but so far, no dice. tapatalk would make things a bit more convenient since it is an already well known, well used product meant specifically for forum browsing and posting.

as far as why? i'm no PR agent (perhaps titillating will post an update on this) but as far as i recall the devs are busy with many other projects at the moment. there is quite a large backlog of stuff which was suggested and approved but still on the table to be done.

Solution

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Spotted my name, so here is an appearance!

We're well aware that the app is very...shall we say, bad? It has seen little development and has not been updated in over a year, I believe. Mobile optimization is absolutely on our very long to-do list. In fact, it is one of the key aspects that the company as a whole is trying to focus on. Tom's Hardware (and Tom's Guide) will absolutely see lots of mobile optimization in the near future. I can't give a specific date or any details (because I don't know that information either!) but it will definitely happen, although some of our other brands may get that treatment first.