Need help with BenQ XL2720Z color/calibration settings

JorgenM

Reputable
May 22, 2015
Hi,

Yesterday I received my BenQ XL2720Z 27'' 144hz monitor, and the difference in-game is everything I was hoping for.
I've got one issue though, and that is the screen colors. I've tried prefered color and calibration settings from numerous sites, but I just can't seem to find something that looks good and comfortable to me.

My second monitor (BenQ GW2760 27'' 60hz) on standard settings have great color and calibration and is exactly what I want my XL2720Z to look like.
So I'm wondering if it is possible to somehow copy those color/calibration settings over to my new monitor?

Falkentyne

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
If you want to use the Black Equalizer (for FPS gaming, so you can see enemies in darkness or alternatively, you want to make dark spots look darker and less washed out for a more realistic look), you need to use FPS1 mode. But FPS1 mode has some strange low level (unchangeable by user) color balance and saturation presets. Probably best is Brightness 100 (brightness 20 if not using blur reduction), contrast 43, RGB 100,98,96 and black equalizer to whatever setting you want. TFTcentral's old review of the XL2411T explains exactly what black equalizer does (changes the gamma of dark shades while light shades are not affected).

For normal color settings, you want to use standard mode, RGB at 100,98,96, brightness 100 (20 for MBR off), contrast 43, and gamma 3 or gamma 4.
Since black equalizer changes gamma response, Black EQ is not accessible in standard mode. Gamma settings are not accessible in FPS and RTS modes.

RTS mode has some very bizarre blue and red channel low level presets (normal blue gets changed to sky blue even at 100%, red gets changed to a more orangeish color, etc)