Windows 10 UEFI BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-10-system-requirements,28798.html

I have ASUS P5QL PRO P43 Q6600 gtx 960, 8gb win 8.1 so will I be able to install final version of Windows 10 on this PC without uefi bios.

Im a little confused beacuse in this article it says: "The only change between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 for system requirements on the desktop is the mandate of UEFI v2.3.1. Windows 8.1 was required to have UEFI v2.3.1 for Secure Boot, but this was an optional feature. In Windows 10 this is no longer optional."

Please someone reply ???

Solution
mickey_ - erm, no You're not. You're working on built in Windows 8/8.1 drivers, that means Your hardware is running in "safe mode". Thus, ACPi, Speedstep and other features may not work correctly. And of course, they may, depends on how much is Your motherboard compatibile with basic Windows 8/8.1 drivers.

Btw. just for the fun of thing. When You open device manager, no exclamation marks in there? [ ! ], or question marks? [ ? ]

mickey_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

Drivers for what i dont even have drivers for win 8.1 only win 7 (the last one from asus) and everything works great?

mickey_ - erm, no You're not. You're working on built in Windows 8/8.1 drivers, that means Your hardware is running in "safe mode". Thus, ACPi, Speedstep and other features may not work correctly. And of course, they may, depends on how much is Your motherboard compatibile with basic Windows 8/8.1 drivers.

Btw. just for the fun of thing. When You open device manager, no exclamation marks in there? [ ! ], or question marks? [ ? ]

Solution
I'm sorry, but no one is able to tell You now, because no one has a functional crystal ball [they all broke last friday due to massive world-wide crystal ball surge], and we currently can't see the future, and are working hard on a resolution for this unpleasant issue.

I personally suggest You create an image of Windows 8/8.1 via Acronis True Image of Your current system, back it up compeltely, take the Preview version, and do a clean install and see for Yourself :)

mickey_

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009

So one more thing will Windows 10 work the same way windows 8.1 does, will i have audio and other thing working ( mouse, monitor , hp photosmart on win 10 drivers) pls

Status
Not open for further replies.