Cyber power possible success??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyh234

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
Hello ladies and gents, so a few weeks ago, I configured a build with Cyber PowerPC. My Z97 build came to around $1,700. I decked it out so I wont have to upgrade for quite a while. I received it about 4 days ago, and since then have done a complete take apart and checked every single part. The reason I had done this is because of all the negativity spread around about pre-built Pc websites. I was extremely hesitant about buying a cyber power pc, 90% of the reviews were awful. People complaining about used parts and or faulty systems though mine seems to be running strong without a problem. Since they removed all of the serial codes from the parts, it is extremely difficult to tell if they have been used or not. I have looked over all of my parts and they seem to be fine, but I cannot know for sure. I just cant believe how cheap I got this computer, other sites it would be close to 2.8grand rather then the 17 hundred I spent. Did I get screwed? what should I look for?

do you really trust parts that have had their serial numbers removed?

honestly if you could take it apart and rebuild it you'd be better off with building it yourself. perhaps you wouldnt get it cheaper although you could make sure that all the components inside were new, of better quality and exactly what you needed.

not really an answer to your specific question but just my 2c

jimmyh234

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

Well that's what I'm trying to figure out, is it even legal for them to do this?

ccampy

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Nice comparison but that's actually a offence sadly selling parts without serial numbera more the likely isn't
I wouldn't trust then through without serial numbers you won't be able to claim on manufacturer warranty's

jimmyh234

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

I see what you are getting at, and I tried to have it shipped back yesterday and they tried to tell me I cannot get my money back, I filed a claim with through my credit card company and it was approved this morning, after explaining to them what the issue was, they immediately took action to try and help. I am still waiting to hear back about how this is going to work. They already put the money back in my account, am I supposed to send the computer back or what? In my claim, all I said was something along the lines of " hello, I recently purchased a computer from cyberpowerPC, Most of the parts have had there serial stickers removed which is a red flag, meaning they most likely put used parts in the system, and I paid for brand new, out of the box parts. The cyberpower employee I talked to only replied once to me and said there was no return policy and immediately closed the chat." This is already causing me more problems then there need to be. Long story short DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM CYBER POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jimmyh234

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

No but I made a scam claim through my credit card company after they refused to give me a refund on my computer, it was approved and they got my money back and I still have the computer, but I have not been contacted about a return, which is strange

fcabanski

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
Contact them regarding paying shipping to send it back to them. Don't keep it. You didn't pay for it. But don't pay to ship it back to them. They removed the serials. They have to pay for the return shipping.

jimmyh234

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

They refused to pay for it to be shipped back, saying that all of the parts were brand new. I have pictures of how * some of the parts were. Like the thermal take and fans to my processor looked like they had been used in a few hundred other computers. Hard to tell with the processor itself though. I shipped it back and got my money returned to me. well, almost all of it, lost a bit in shipping fee's. Ended up getting all the parts on new egg for a lot cheaper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.