Should i wait for a cheap freesync monitor or buy a qnix qx2710?

Solution
Unless Freesync got fixed since the last post, I would say no. I wouldn't buy anything until it is.

Been there, done that. I bought the Asus VG248QE with the anticipation that the advertised G-Sync module that was coming out at $200 would at some point come down to a more reasonable number. They never dropped in price and they stopped selling them shortly after I bought it.
I think you should read the review about Freesync 1st. The difference between the G-Sync and FreeSync versions is H U G E. In short, Freesysnc is broken.... hopefully can be fixed w/ a driver update

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/content/acer_xg270hu.htm#freesync

From a monitor point of view the use of FreeSync creates a problem at the moment on the XG270HU at the moment, just as it had on the BenQ XL2730Z we tested recently. The issue is that the OD (overdrive) setting does nothing when you connect the screen over DisplayPort to a FreeSync system. This applies whether you are actually using FreeSync or not, you don't even need to have the option ticked in the graphics card settings for the problem to occur. As a result, the OD setting appears to be in the off state, and changing it to Normal or Extreme in the menu makes no difference to real-World response times or performance. As a result, response times are fairly slow at ~7.7ms G2G and there is a more noticeable blur to the moving image. See the more detailed response time tests in the previous sections for more information, but needless to say this is not the optimum OD (response time) setting on this screen. For some reason, the combination of FreeSync support and this display disables the OD function.

I'd wanna wait and see if the driver update can fix it.

joselo025

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
but i selled my monitor and now i dont have any and also i selled my gpu and im waiting for the r9 390x to release and i dont know if i should buy a freesync monitor when the new gpu comes out? or not

USAFRet

Titan

Your wallet and your eyes are the only things that can determine if you should or not.

1. My 1st post explained that whether one is on the way or not, I don't think you want to buy one until they fix freesync. What's the point of buying a monitor with a special feature that is broken ?

2. My original post and link also indicated that there already is another Freesync, TN 144 Hz monitor on the market, that was released before the Acer came out.... but that one is even more money.

From a monitor point of view the use of FreeSync creates a problem at the moment on the XG270HU at the moment, just as it had on the BenQ XL2730Z

* guess author wanted to emphasize that the problem exists "at the moment" :)

At $800 it's the same price as the G-Sync Acer model which is IPS and 144 Hz w/ ULMB technology and everything works. So i can't see anyone paying $800 for the BenQ when for same price they can get IPS, ULMB and G-Sync

You can read both reviews in detail here .... both are "broken" as will anything else that comes out in the interim until if and when Freesync gets fixed.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/

Sit tight.... I expect it will be 6 months or more before prices drop to a point where your looking for.

joselo025

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

So should i buy the qnix monitor?

Unless Freesync got fixed since the last post, I would say no. I wouldn't buy anything until it is.

Been there, done that. I bought the Asus VG248QE with the anticipation that the advertised G-Sync module that was coming out at $200 would at some point come down to a more reasonable number. They never dropped in price and they stopped selling them shortly after I bought it.

Solution

joselo025

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

I bought the qnix monitor thanks

TRENDING THREADS