Rog Swift PG278Q - CSGO - 144 Hertz or 120 ULMB

mesamitch

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Hey guys I am super new to gaming monitors I have been using ips displays with 60 hertz now for ages

So I don't understand what would be better for counter strike global offensive 144 hertz or 120 with ulmb

I can't really tell the difference but I really don't know what i am looking for when using ulmb?
If some one can please describe the difference I would really appreciate it

I have been looking on other forums but it seems like this question starts a flame war and i dont understand what anyone is talking about lol

Any help is much appreciated and thanks to anyone who leaves a comment back

Thanks guys

Solution
ULMB at 120hz will look miles better than 144 hz without ULMB.
You will have motion blur at 144 hz without ULMB. But with ULMB at 120hz, when you move and turn, everything will look crystal smooth.
But you will need Vertical sync on in order to get the proper smooth effect.

144 hz will have less input lag, though.
I have a backlight strobed monitor so I always keep blur reduction enabled on mine, and keep vsync on. I hate motion blur!

And don't listen to the guy who said you can't see more than 60 fps. Army tests (might have been air force tests...I think they were done to test fighter pilot training and response time) have shown that the human eye and brain can see up to *250* FPS but this varies from person to person. The upper...

theunliked

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
There is no point getting a 144 hz monitor when you only get 100 fps when gaming. The only benefit the 144hz monitor has over the 120hz is if you get 120 fps in games. The human eye can't tell the difference over 60 fps though.

SantaCwaz

Reputable
Dec 1, 2014
120 hz will serve you just fine, going from 60 to 120 or 144 is a noticeable difference, but from 120 to 144 its not at all. Get whatever has a low response time, and good price.

Falkentyne

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
ULMB at 120hz will look miles better than 144 hz without ULMB.
You will have motion blur at 144 hz without ULMB. But with ULMB at 120hz, when you move and turn, everything will look crystal smooth.
But you will need Vertical sync on in order to get the proper smooth effect.

144 hz will have less input lag, though.
I have a backlight strobed monitor so I always keep blur reduction enabled on mine, and keep vsync on. I hate motion blur!

And don't listen to the guy who said you can't see more than 60 fps. Army tests (might have been air force tests...I think they were done to test fighter pilot training and response time) have shown that the human eye and brain can see up to *250* FPS but this varies from person to person. The upper limit of perception for a human is ~250 fps. There was massive discussion about that years ago.

Solution

mesamitch

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

yeah i don't know why people say you can not see over 60 fps?
120 and 144 hertz is a world of a difference

and thanks for your answer man i tested it out last night for a few hours while playing csgo to see the difference and its a pretty big difference

i just wish there was a way now to switch between gsync and ulmb easier with out having to go into the Nvidia control panel every time i play a different game

but i appreciate your help man and thanks for the info

ZeusGamer

Admirable
You can actually set the monitor state on the Nvidia Control Panel. I've got my FPS games set on ULMB while any other games are set on G-SYNC lol. You can also do that in Nvidia Inspector. But, Nvidia Control Panel does it better with fewer clicks.