Asus MX239h or Benq LR 2455 hm

Alejandro Loayza

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Hi guys, which monitor do you think it's better? I know that the Asus one is IPS and that alone is a good reason, but the Benq is advertised as good gaming monitor.
Both are fhd, asus is 23" at 75mhz and benq is 24" at 60mhz.
These are the only 2 good and afodable monitors available in mi local store, the Asus mx is $33 dollars more than the Benq.
I mainly use my monitor for gaming and coding so which monitor do you recommend me?

Solution
I'd go for the ASUS just for the IPS (better viewing angles and color) also 75Hz

The BenQ is a 1ms response time but that isn't really that useful at 60Hz.

It's close though, I wouldn't blame you for saving $33 bucks and getting an extra inch screen size. But the colors on IPS are much more enjoyable for media content.

RimStain

Reputable
May 6, 2015
I'd go for the ASUS just for the IPS (better viewing angles and color) also 75Hz

The BenQ is a 1ms response time but that isn't really that useful at 60Hz.

It's close though, I wouldn't blame you for saving $33 bucks and getting an extra inch screen size. But the colors on IPS are much more enjoyable for media content.

Solution

Alejandro Loayza

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
I have been looking reviews and it looks that the asus mx239h tends to fail. Many people RMA their monitors at 6-12 moths of use. RMA in my country is a pain in the ass. One time I was trying to RMA an Asus gpu for about 3 months. On the other hand the Benq monitor seens to have some scrolling text issues. But its look that can be fixed disabling a feature called AMA.