Hey there,I bought a new monitor today after I broke my old one like an idiot (don't ask :P) and the thing won't power up. It'

Alex Buchmann

Reputable
May 26, 2015
Sorry, seems this isn't displaying the full question, or that could just be my iPad. The power cable is working fine as is the computer, tested both with a different monitor. It's an ASUS MX239H, 1920x1080. Any ideas?

Well the monitor does not have an internal power supply.
So i take it you have plugged the transformer into a wall socket .
and the adapter end into the back of the monitor where your Hdmi inputs are, and the 15pin blue D-sub connector for analog signal is.

Just have a check that the Jack is fully inserted from the power brick to the back of the monitor where it should be plugged in.
Not sure how you are connecting the monitor to your computer Hdmi or Vga 15 pin.

Anyway have a check because some times its a case of not pushing the power jack end far enough in to where it is plugged to the monitor ok.

Alex Buchmann

Reputable
May 26, 2015

Seems to be plugged in fine. I'm starting to think I was just sold a faulty monitor, though I certainly hope not.

You may find the power brick the monitor came with is at fault.
a simple way to check is when plugged into the wall put an ear to it and see if it hums.
If not check or replace the fuse in the plug as it may be faulty or blown in some way.
I would hate to think you sent the monitor back because of a blown fuse in the plug that fits into the wall socket.

Check it over.
If not RMA the monitor, it could be faulty as you say.

TRENDING THREADS