Display Driver Crashing Issues > NEED HELP PLEASE!

MSFT

Reputable
May 27, 2015
Here are brief specs.

CPU: AMD PHENOM ii X4 955 Black Edition
MOBO: Asus M4A785-M
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870
RAM: 4gb DDR2
PSU: Corsair CX750M

My Issue is this...
I get the most random crashes all the time while playing games. Lately I am playing GTAV, it also happened playing FFXIV and other titles. The game freezes, screen goes black, the resets and turns on and I get the "Display driver stopped responding..." Pop up bubble.

I have tried EVERYTHING from changing the TDR setting in the registry to overclocking my CPU and underclocking my GPU to no avail. Literally everything thats even remotely an option to try to fix it I've tried. So please I am not looking for "update your drivers/fresh install/etc" responses. I've tried EVERYTHING 500 times over.

Sometimes I'm good and can play for hours, other times I struggle to just get through 5 minutes of a game. I am at my wits end in regards to this. At this point I am looking to upgrade anything that would make this stop and I can fully enjoy gaming.

Could I please get advice as to white component is the best to upgrade whilst taking into account that I might only have the budget for one upgrade at the moment.

Thank you I hope to hear some good responses from this wonderful community :D