Dell UltraSharp U2414H vs AOC G2460PG

trippy

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
I'm looking to upgrade my monitor and have narrowed it down to these 2 monitors. Unfortunately I can't decide between the 2. I am a gamer who enjoys smooth gameplay (hence the g-sync), but I also watch movies on my monitor from my bed which may distort the viewing angle (hence the ips).

Any help?

Solution
Go with AOC, mate. I got U2414H. If only then I knew what I know now, I would never have purchased it. Nothing wrong with the monitor itself or image quality or gaming - it has a serious flaw in firmware (with no solutions available atm - just read all over the internet) which makes impossible for the monitor to be turned off from time to time - and you need to unplug the cable physically and wait a minute, then replug. Then everything works. Also, touch buttons tend to lose and gain sensitivity with the mind of their own, and I'd rather have physical buttons for everything at this point. The monitor also has issues with display port and multi monitor switching, sometimes loses info about resolution after going to sleep etc. All in all...
Go with AOC, mate. I got U2414H. If only then I knew what I know now, I would never have purchased it. Nothing wrong with the monitor itself or image quality or gaming - it has a serious flaw in firmware (with no solutions available atm - just read all over the internet) which makes impossible for the monitor to be turned off from time to time - and you need to unplug the cable physically and wait a minute, then replug. Then everything works. Also, touch buttons tend to lose and gain sensitivity with the mind of their own, and I'd rather have physical buttons for everything at this point. The monitor also has issues with display port and multi monitor switching, sometimes loses info about resolution after going to sleep etc. All in all, great piece of hardware with terrible firmware.

Worse of all, DELL doesn't even seem to care - no updates released until this day, and this issue has been present for a long time now.

See this (and this is only a part of it):

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19566131

Solution