Did I miss anything? (Full new system build)

Martin Alvito

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BxBGYJ

Pushing a 5760x1080 setup. Skipping storage HDD because the 4TB one in this box will migrate over. Retaining existing peripherals (daskeyboard Model S Ultimate and a Logitech G600). The i7 is probably overkill, but Micro Center's in-store price is just too good. Avoiding watercooling because I know I'll be bad about maintenance.

Suggestions welcome. Will purchase within the next 24 hours.

Martin Alvito

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I went with the MSI board because a) $30 cheaper via Micro Center combo deal and b) seems to have far lower DOA frequency.

I'm showing $115 on the memory at Newegg. Is the DDR-1866 worth the extra $11?

Case price seems to be a wash since adding the third fan to it will run $10. Why do you think it's a superior case? Happy to switch if there's cause.

If you are doing the Microcenter bundle, I would still go with the Gigabyte or ASUS boards. They give that discount on all boards with a CPU purchase...

No. Not if that price wasn't accurate. Either DDR3-1600 CL9 or lower, or DDR3-1866 CL10 or lower. ..which ever is cheaper on the day of purchase. They were just priced nicely (or so I thought).

The R5 was a redesign of the very solid R4. Better airflow and cable management... You would be happy with any of the cases in this thread. ...no need to add a third fan to the R5. The STRIX GPUs will do a good job of dissipating heat and the two stock fans will be just fine.