A little help with Nvidia Surround?

CraigHarrison

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I have a couple questions as Im planning on using Nvidia surround pretty soon -

1. Does it NEED two cards? or will one be fine? I have a 750 atm, but am planning on upgrading before I pick up my third moniter

2. Do ALL games word with this? Or will some revert to running on one moniter?
I mostly play BF3 and BF4, CoH, FarCry 3 and 4, SupCom, Age of Empires 3, Total War Rome 2, Witcher 2 and 3, Skyrim and Metro

3. Can I put my displays together standing up sideways? Portrait?

Thanks

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Nidia surround requires your card support at least 3 digital displays that support the same resolutions and Hz. I use 3 23" Alienware monitors that run at 120hz but they don't have to be identical. The reason being is since the monitors combine to appear as a single large monitor the driver has to be able to join the monitors as one, hence the need for compatible resolutions and Hz. Also, with three monitors you don't have the center view stuck between two bezels of course. The only downside with using a 750 is three monitors mated will have a pretty high resolution total. With mine it is 5760x1080 so you need a powerful graphics card to push all those pixels especially when gaming. A 750 may not cut it depending on what resolution you are shooting for. Most games work fine because the game sees all three monitors as a single monitor. The game just has to support the resolution you are using. Some games have better support for wide screen than others. I always had to run Skyrim with a widescreen fixer before I would launch the game. Most worked right off the bat. You can do portrait or landscape but you can't mix and match since those would be non standard widescreen resolutions that most games would not support and I don't think even surround would let you set them in a mixed mode.

CraigHarrison

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
A widescreen fixer? is that a mod?
So that would mean there ARE games that wont support three moniters?

And yeah I dont think theres any way that a 750 will handle three displays
I'm planning on buying a 960 soon and selling my 750

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

Widescreen fixer, you'll have to google but it is a small standalone little program that your run before launching Skyrim and a few other games that have issues with widescreen. I think Skyrim may have been fixed already, don't remember, it always had the wrong perspective with my card and the fixer, fixed it. It's not the monitors it is the combined resolution that some game don't support correctly. For example if your resolution with three monitors is 5760x1080 and the game only support 3800x1200 max or some odd resolution it may say resolution not supported or run but the perspectives are all messed up.