No display in Normal Mode, but there is on Safe Mode

MinusK

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Like the title said. The computer is fine, i hear the start up when i turn on my computer however the monitor shows no signal then blacks out with a orange led light. Had this problem for while where my monitor just randomly goes black with no signal while my musics is still playing.

Alright, so this is where it gets weird. I tried uninstalling my driver and all it's components, and restart. Taddah it worked, i can go into normal mode. I reinstalled the driver, restart my computer, and i was able to go into normal mode like nothing ever happened, but I restart or the display randomly gets no signal... and thats where things get confusing for me. When i restart the same problem occur as described above, except now i get big size and blurred logos, same goes for my bios to a point where i can't see half of it. When my start up loads, it uses the green bar not the windows 7 start up logo. After the green bar finishes loading, i can hear the start up but no signal to display. So i have to uninstall my driver again and use a different one. I tried the one that came with my GPU model, and an latest version and neither of them work. The older versions didn't even get me to normal mode at all to repeat the process. It manage to work after i uninstall and reinstall my driver, but that is only if i don't restart. Also like i said before, the display randomly gets no signal.

If anyone have ideas, it would be a great help as i've been struggling with this for a while.

This is a new build, problem didn't occur until after a week or so.

Asus sabertooth x79 mobo
Asus GTX 980
Corsair HX1000i PSU
Intel i7-4930k LGA 2011
Adata 16gb ram

Note: I tried modifying my graphic settings on my bio but i don't think i see any settings for it. I tried looking through my mobo's manual but i didn't see anything for graphics in there to. heres a manual. Am i suppose to enable "Power on by PCIE/PCI" or disable it?
http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/itemintelligence/ASUS/E8040_SABERTOOTH_X791401383612703.pdf

MinusK

Reputable
May 3, 2015
I forgot to mention, whenever i install nvidia driver i can't access normal mode, however i can go into normal mode if the adapter i'm using is Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

MinusK

Reputable
May 3, 2015
I think i figured out the problem. So i checked on my GPU and i found the PCIE clip was broken. I thought my GPU was tightly secured, but it wasn't. I just took out my card and threw the clip away and installed it back, this time i overtighten the screws a little. I turned it back on and everything seems to be working fine

Of course i'm going to wait a few and days and see how long this will last. Hopefully a few years hahaha

MinusK

Reputable
May 3, 2015
okay this years late but i manage to fix the problem by replacing dvi cord with hdmi instead and now the the computer loads up properly. Either the cord for the dvi cable was defective or the slot in the gpu for it was, either way, using a hdmi cable i was able to fix this