How much does VRAM make a difference, also pros and cons?

UberBlaze

Reputable
May 30, 2015
I have and integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500 with 2GBs of video memory. I was planning to add more ram to my laptop(an extra 4GBs for a total of 8GBs) and upgrade to 3-4GBs of vram. I have a Acer Aspire E15 and I want to know if it will have much of a difference in gaming and what are the pros and cons (Lets use Just Cause 2 for a game benchmark reference: I get about 10-30 fps running the game at 1366x768 resolution in fullscreen at the lowest settings.) Thanks for helping. Just search my PC model for detailed specs (E5-571-30VE).

There are no pros. More memory means it will be able to load higher resolution textures etc into RAM to run higher settings. Such a crap video card will never be able to run those higher quality settings anyway so it is pointless.

Bigwood daddy

Reputable
May 6, 2015
You might only get two or 3fps more , it wont help much but if you already have 2gigabyte for the processor graphics i guess you might need more ram for future applications as the remaining amount of ram (2giga) is not enough anyway there is no huge performance boost you will get in gaming

UberBlaze

Reputable
May 30, 2015

I guess that would make sense that it would only get me up to par with the requirements of the game by adding more vram. Thanks for the help.