Recommend me a 23/24inch monitor

kaiteck

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Looking for best picture quality monitors.
Black levels doesn't matter much to me.
What's important is the color. My images and vids are mostly full of different colors.
Do a bit graphics image editing.
Sometime play Blu-ray. A few blu-rays support 8/10bit
Resolution can be 1920 by 1200 or 1920 by 1080

Would prefer korean,china brands,diy monitors.
Accept glossy/semi-glossy, no matte for me.
Taobao, ebay no problem.

Budget under 300 (•?•-)

Update: Main usage is watching animation.
100% not a gamer.

Black levels aren't great on any LED LCD, and OLED is not out yet. A good cheap alternative would be the HP 23Xi. I also like the http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&sku=860-BBCG

I believe it's still the worlds thinnest, but don't quote me on that. However, when it comes to monitors it's actually not easy to tell you what is good and what is bad. A high end monitor have a small chance of being shipped with a panel that doesn't meet the manufacturers standard, it's a lottery nowadays.

kaiteck

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

I said black levels doesnt matter much to me @@

Black level & contrast are very high but they exist as specs in LCD's unlike CRT/Plasma/OLED which are infinite. For graphics work get a IPS to start with. If black is grey, other colors will also be less accurate. IPS is what you want, nothing below. PLS has been proven a few times to beat IPS, so if you can find a good Samsung panel that be good too. The reason to not get anything less (VA/TN), is because all colors will look washed out on screen, this is not something you want when working with colors, especially before print.