How much is my Gaming PC worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawks790

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015
Hi all,

I am looking to sell my custom gaming PC, either as a whole or in parts. It would be great if I could get another's opinion on whether to sell it part by part or as a whole unit, as well as a price estimate on just how much it could go for. The computer was built in November 2013, with all parts being purchased then. I still have the original boxes for all of the parts (except the case):

PSU:Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache

Motherboard:Asus Z87 PRO LGA 1150 Motherboard

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 GDDR5-2GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC WINDFORCE 3X Graphics Card

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R Mid-Tower Computer Case

Optical Drive: Samsung SATA 1.5 Gb-s Optical Drive, Black

Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive

I also have an Asus MX239H Monitor that I will sell in addition with my SteelSeries Apex keyboard, both of which I have the original boxes for.

Thanks for looking!

Bombie1138

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
being used and without the keyboard and monitor,.500.00 range,.without the hard drives,.
my biggest question would be if you overclocked the system,and if you did,..how much,..that's always a worry when buying a used system,.
good luck !!

My 2 cents

seahawks790

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015

Thanks for the quuck reply, I really appreciate it.

In regards to your response, I never overclocked either the CPU or GPU, so there should be no worries there. Would you recommend selling it part by part or as a whole?

Thanks

Bombie1138

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013

I tend to do my builds two years behind the latest component releases,.I also
reuse a lot of stuff for my next build so I would part out and sell what I don't need
and apply that towards my next component upgrade,.I always keep a spare PSU laying around,
so I wouldn't cut loose the PSU if it's the only one you have,.
plus the RAM will work fine with your next build if you decide to use that,..
That is actually not a bad build,..why you getting rid of it?

seahawks790

Reputable
Jun 1, 2015

In all honesty, I've kind of grown out of computer games. I'm finding that I don't really enjoy them anymore, so its time to move on. I'm looking for a more mobile computer AKA a laptop, as I'll be off to college soon so will need that mobility. I'm hoping selling off this computer will put me in range of buying a MacBook. You are correct in saying that it is a good build, as I spent hours trying to perfect this build when originally making it. I hope there's someone out there looking for a computer like this, as I am happy to part with it.

Bombie1138

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
I would throw it up on E-bay for 600.00 and see what happens,..add 35.00 for shipping too,..
I wouldn't include the hard drives unless you DBAN them and advertise it without a operating system,..
Also if you have a product key attached to the case that would be a good sale point,.
If it doesn't sell for 600.00 drop it down to 500.00 and see what happens,..
Sell it "as is",..no refund,..Good Luck !

E-Bay will take 10% of the sale price off the top,..J/S

bluebob71

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
ok first off id stop listening to bombie, u could ezily get the 600 ur asking for on craiglist don't get why not just use that? this is what I do for a living and honestly don't get why ppl would lie to u I really cant stand toms any more the people are ignorant........... also in ur post u say its included with a monitor and that idiot is saying 500 ur cpu alone is over 200 gpu u cant find one barely under 200 on ebay

id say list it on craigs for 700 and take no less then the 600 for a quick sale

Status
Not open for further replies.