New Killer MU-MIMO Networking Products Released; Pushes 2.867 Gbps on Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles_56

Admirable
"Together, this configuration produces networking throughput of up to 2.867 Mbps using the two onboard Killer E220 interfaces and the Killer 1535 2x2 11ac interfaces."

I'd be saying that it should be Gbps instead otherwise that is one very slow network

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
I'm currently using the 1525 in my Clevo laptop. You will 'not' be able to get wi-fi working in Linux for a bit with this card. They still haven't come out with Linux drivers for this chip yet, even in the ath10k package.

If you're on Windows exclusively, then this should be amazing. The 1525 visibly reduced ping, and has felt like an amazing investment. The 1535 should be all the better.

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
"Rivet's ExtremeRange technology that boosts the systems' wireless signal enough to push 150 Mbps at ranges of up to 10 meters."

A whole 10 meters... :p Perhaps the editor didn't read very closely with all these numbers in the article.

THJulio

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
"Together, this configuration produces networking throughput of up to 2.867 Mbps using the two onboard Killer E220 interfaces and the Killer 1535 2x2 11ac interfaces."

I'd be saying that it should be Gbps instead otherwise that is one very slow network

Thanks Nuckles_56. Typo fixed.

Nuckles_56

Admirable

You're welcome, its nice to actually see the typo being fixed after it is pointed out as well

THJulio

Reputable
Jun 3, 2015
"Rivet's ExtremeRange technology that boosts the systems' wireless signal enough to push 150 Mbps at ranges of up to 10 meters."

A whole 10 meters... :p Perhaps the editor didn't read very closely with all these numbers in the article.

Thanks for catching that, ammaross. There was quite a bit of back and forth with the vendor. Error fixed.

josejones

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010
Wait a minute, that's another Gig over what "Killer DoubleShot Pro" has offered with the new Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 Motherboard:

"Killer DoubleShot Pro allows both of these interfaces to work at the same time which will give the end user max throughput as high as 1.867Gbps"

http://www.killernetworking.com/technology/killer-double-shot-pro

vs

"New Killer MU-MIMO Networking Products Released; Pushes 2.867 Gbps on Motherboard"

So, what's up with that? Does this "Killer DoubleShot Pro" stuff really even work? Is it a noticeable difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.