Asus vg248qe monitor not working, Dvi No signal, please help!

Alexk492

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
I am extremely new to PC building, I got a new monitor and custom PC. I picked the parts and superbiiz assembled it.

Part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Alexk492/saved/#view=wcbD4D

It came in today and I hooked up the power supply of monitor and PC, as well as the Dvi. We turned both on, and the PC and monitor turned on, but the monitor says dvi no signal. This is the first custom PC we've ordered, and it is very frustrating. I'm not sure if I need to plug more things in, or anything with the GPU. We don't know if we need to do something with the disks.

We plugged the 2 cords in, power and hvi, and nothing happened. It may be the PC, I have no idea. We are aalso wondering if the Asus drw or motherboard reads disks, does it? The monitor that we plugged in the second time was a dell version and the cord color was blue, not white like the Asus one.

Any help? We are very frustrated.

Solution
GPU refers to the graphics card, not the monitor.

In the pics, your white DVI cable is plugged into the motherboard DVI header. Try moving it over to the 970's DVI header, currently covered by a red plug.

Also, check your mobo manual and see which RAM slot it wants a single RAM to be plugged into.

gerr

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
Do you hear the PC going through the POST?

Might have to plug your monitor into the iGPU and go into the BIOS and switch it to use the dedicated graphics card instead of the iGPU.

Alexk492

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

Lol. I have no idea what you just said. I can't do anything as far as mess with programs since I can't even get a display on.

I don't know what a bios is and a igpu...lol. I'm a noob, I know that's why I got it assembled.

gerr

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
Your CPU has a built in GPU(videocard), and those are usually refered to as iGPU or Internal-GPU. However, you have installed a dedicated GPU, but your BIOS is probably set to use your iGPU first. Just need to plus your monitor into your video outputs of your motherboard instead of the graphics card, then go into your BIOS settings and switch it from iGPU to the dedicated GPU option, often called PEG. Save the settings and reboot, and then move your monitor plug to the dedicated videocard.

Alexk492

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
Well I just realized that I plugged the dvi in the wrong spot. It plugged into the motherboard. I moved it to the video card and it started up. :D

Thanks for your help!

gerr

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2008
GPU refers to the graphics card, not the monitor.

In the pics, your white DVI cable is plugged into the motherboard DVI header. Try moving it over to the 970's DVI header, currently covered by a red plug.

Also, check your mobo manual and see which RAM slot it wants a single RAM to be plugged into.

Solution

Agent Peter

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015

Lol, then you'll just have to bring it to someone to fix.