Old Vizio TV suddenly showing "Not Support!" message.

thediretor

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014
I'm currently running a 3 monitor setup. One actual monitor, a large TV, and an old, small tv that basically acts as a second monitor. The first 2 use HDMI and DVi cable, respectively, and the third uses an active displayport to hdmi converter. Everything has worked fine for a few weeks, until now. I accidentally unplugged the small tv, and when I plugged it back in, windows suddenly recognized it as a "generic non-pnp-" monitor, and locked the resolution at 480. My first response was, of course, to power the system down and restart it. After doing so, the small tv is giving me a "Not Support!" message. My first thought was that the HDMI cord was broken, which was a possibility, seeing as one of the actual connectors has been bent for a few months now, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Under display settings, windows still picks up the third monitor, just like it used to. I switched the input on the tv to HDMI2 and then back, and when I did, the TV said it was "retrieving data" for a few moments, meaning that it does recognize that there is data to retrieve, and then it goes back to "Not Support!" If I unplug the cable, it changes from Not Support!" to "No Signal." So the TV recognizes the PC, the PC recognizes the TV, but for some reason the TV is giving me a message that doesn't make sense, logically or grammatically. Is it possible that the cord is partially broken, able to make the connection but unable to actually transfer the video signal? Or is something else going on here?

When you open up display manager, and press "Detect" and "Identify", do the numbers 1, 2 and 3 appear on all of the screens, as you originally set them up to? This seems a bit odd, I suggest you factory restore your TV if you can afford to lose any settings you have dialed in to preference, or w/e. Once done, connect everything as you did the first time, while the PC is OFF, not ON.

thediretor

Reputable
Oct 17, 2014
They appear on both of the working screens, like normal. I'll work on factory resetting the TV, and I've ordered a new HDMI cable, because that probably has something to do with it.