CS:GO - New Region split proposal

DasHotShot

Honorable
For the benefit of all CS:GO players who want to have fun playing the game and the freedom to take the game seriously on occasion...

Can steam not just please move Russia to another region, instead of mixing it with the EU Servers?

The split should be from Finland, down the Baltic states and perhaps split off between turkey and Greece.

Everything West is EU Server, everything East gets its own.

I think this would greatly improve the experience of playing the game in competitive mode especially. Bliad!

Thoughts?

Eldy

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
Yes, this would help. After playing CSGO for one week, i could speak fluent russian and understood the whole of their culture XD

DasHotShot

Honorable
They are the number 1 cause for most cases of flaming, griefing, hating...generally anything unpleasant that happens in CSGO is either caused by a Russian on your team or a hacker (often both in one combo).

I wish I had numbers to back this up, however my statement is born out of over 500 hours of real world gameplay.

You shouldn't generalize or punish a majority for a few people's misbehavior... however in this case I think it would be easy to get the backing of the entire EU server based community if it came to a vote.

There is no doubt in my mind that RU players would be voted out and maybe, as we must consider both sides, they dislike or seem to dislike all western players anyway.

So this is mutually beneficial...

Time to start a petition I think.

I know LoL did something similar.

This is kind of a weird place to present the idea though.

Also I know from experience how important region separating is, I stopped playing CS 1.x because of korean hackers.
And in LoL there was a huge problem with Brazilians.

The main reason it's hard/takes time to do this is they have to get servers setup in the country they're trying to separate out, and that's generally not easy.

If I ran an online game though, I'd just IP block anything from outside the country the server resides in though, it creates a better gameplay experience.

DasHotShot

Honorable
I have learned several things:

1. There IS a Russian Server (weirdly called "stockholm")
2. Other servers for CSGO are EU West and East
3. We are put across those servers in MM mode and can sometimes avoid joining Russian servers by lowering the max PING.
4. That doesn't work for some players and they still end up playing with Russians.
5. There are small apps which allow you to block off access to RUS and EU East servers, however this doesn't always work and also many Russians still connect to EU West when there is a packed queue on their servers.

As such they are setup for this seperation almost, however for the benefit of avoiding ridiculous waiting times, they mix regions.

What sucks is, they don't give you the chance to avoid Russians by accepting several minute long queues in some menu. Officially you are forced to just MM with everyone.

This is stupid, imo.

I am happy to wait 3-5 mins for a match to avoid CYKA BLYAT HUY!

Archgaull

Admirable
League does something similar, and you can see a drastic difference in performance on there, as even the pro's of the NA servers admit they don't hold a candle to the Asian servers. Although I don't really play much CS:GO, I'm all for it as most of my friends do, and I can hear the hatred slowly growing in their hearts for Russian gamers lol.