Quick question for those with multiple monitors

moltenrex

Distinguished
May 14, 2011
Hey guys i'm about to buy two new monitors for my new gtx 980 sli setup. I was gonna get one primary 1440p 144hz monitor which would be center gaming monitor and main everyday things. Then next to that would be a standard 1080p monitor for secondary activities. Would it be weird switching between these on my eyes? anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for any response.

Solution
Hey Moltenrex,

I'd recommend going for a gsync monitor for the 1440p. It's costs quite a bit more cream but it helps to smooth out for your FPS and makes it real easy on your eyes. If you can afford it, you should also really think about getting a second monitor that's 144hz. I'd say the the difference in refresh rate would get pretty harsh on your eyes after a couple hours of usage.

Let me know what you end up going with.

Regards,
Saneer

Jason Choi

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015
Hello Moltenrex!

First I'd like to clarify that you're worried about the strain that two different resolutions would have on your eyes. Secondly the answer, assuming the antecedent, would be that according to the Mertois Theorum, aka Merto in Optometrist lingo ;) The eyes are taxed whenever contrast changes drastically under a short period of time. This nature is similar to the problem you are describing. In conclusion, you should start investing in a second 1440p monitor or perhaps scale down temporarily in a rig with 1080p monitors. Hope you get this worked out :)

Source: Optometrist

msu1356

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015
Hey Moltenrex,

I'd recommend going for a gsync monitor for the 1440p. It's costs quite a bit more cream but it helps to smooth out for your FPS and makes it real easy on your eyes. If you can afford it, you should also really think about getting a second monitor that's 144hz. I'd say the the difference in refresh rate would get pretty harsh on your eyes after a couple hours of usage.

Let me know what you end up going with.

Regards,
Saneer

Solution