Continuous BSOD problem (minidumps attached)

Jampaque

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015
Hi!

I built a pc for my parents last year and it has had issues from the beginning. It has an i5 4460, Crucial MX100 256Gb, Gigabyte H97N-WIFI, Kingston HyperX 2x4gb, WD blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic G-550 wrapped in Antec ISK 600. The PC does not have a graphics card. Hardware-wise it should be a decent build for normal home use but apparently not.

The issues are:
-It may give a BSOD anywhere anytime, idle or under stess.
-When it does so, quite often internet signal is lost for a while (maybe an hour or so)
Turning on: start button -> fans turn on for two seconds->fans turn off and boots-> black screen->Gigabyte DualBIOS-> black screen-> boots normally but much slower. This whole procedure usually takes approx. one minute whereas normal boot is ~30sec.
-Most of the times it's hard to wake it up from sleep
-Sometimes reseting the BIOS is the only way to turn it on.
-The newest issues I noticed is that that the original Intel processor fan "loops" every seven seconds, as if it would turn down the speed a bit for a short while. Not related to the issues above.

What I have done so far to fix these issues:
-Reinstall Windows 7 ultimate 64bit ~4 times
-Downloaded all the Windows updates
-Updated BIOS to the newest
-Trying to look at BIOS settings, AHCI, memory voltage etc. no effect
-Installed ALL the newest drivers Gigabyte offers
-Updated Crucial MX100 Firmware
-Changed SATA cables between each other
-Reseted the BIOS
-Full round with Memtest86
-Changing advanced power settings (e.g. so that hard drive goes to sleep after 500 minutes etc)

i have installed BlueScreenView, CrystalDiskInfo and WhoCrashed and here's the minidump files and copy/pasted data from the CrystalDisk and WhoCrashed if it helps:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98648175/PC%20crash%20info/Zipped_crystal_minidump_crashed.zip

I've spent dozens of hours with this trying to fix this so I'm quite frustrated with this computer. It would be more than appreciated if somebody could look at the files and give some hints. The components have warranty, the shortest period is one year which expires in August but I don't know where's the problem.

Thanks in advance!
-S

razerg

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
DId you install proper drivers? These are usually caused by unstable overclocks and bad drivers.
BSODs have something like a error code, in your case it is "ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x748C0)" isn't it?
This was copied from the report you uploaded
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

According to this crash report every crash you had was caused by a driver. Have you maybe tried install fresh windows and see if it will crash then? Or boot into safe mode to see if bsod pops out?

Jampaque

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

Hi!

As I mentioned above, I have reinstalled Windows like four times, with and without downloading updates and there seems to be no difference. What comes to drivers, I've installed newest drivers from Gigabyte website and via Windows update, it can't be the problem, can it?

razerg

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I don't know if it's a good idea to download through windows update. I always recommend downloading newest drivers from manufacturer's website, though i never installed motherboard drivers and it ran perfectly well. Are you still getting those bsods and at what periods? Is it more like every 10 minutes or once a day? If they are often try going into safe mode. There aren't any drivers installed and see if it crashes there.

Jampaque

Reputable
Jun 6, 2015

The BSOD's do occur infrequently but another pain in the ass is this DualBios slow boot as described above. I guess those are related to each other. I'm atm having this issue that it doesn't connect to internet so I had to use my phone's internet via usb cable.

If I remember correctly it was mainly Intel updates that I downloaded via Windows Update.

I can try the safe mode but how could it be because of Windows since I have reinstalled it so many times :S I have a bought licence but is there a legal source to download another copy of Windows? Another reinstall is the last thing I will do though.

razerg

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
I meant doing a fresh windows install WITHOUT ANY drivers. See if it crashes then, as i said most common BSODs that i have had and was told to were because of drivers.
Now i'm getting suspicious that the motherboard might be faulty, you said you have had troubles with it from the beginning? Now internet isn't working? IF you or your friends have a LGA1150 motherboard then you can test it out to see if the motherboard is bad.

if after updating driver and trying the things below, if you still have a problem then
start cmd.exe as an admin then run
verifier.exe /standard /all

and reboot, if verifier finds a driver corrupting memory it will call a bugcheck and name the driver in the memory dump file.
Note: use
verifier.exe /reset
to turn off the verification functions after you are done testing or your machine will run slow until you do.

--------------
your motherboard vendor has a bunch of newer drivers for your machine. you should install them and see if you still have the problem. (best guess is a current network driver is corrupting memory,(wired,wireless, or bluetooth)
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4992#driver
--------
I would run memtest86 and confirm your system memory is working as expected.
if it is ok, then boot windows and run cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfc.exe /scannow
and confirm your core files are not corrupted.

you had one bugcheck that seems to indicate that maybe a network driver may be corrupting your memory. That would indicate you should update your network drivers. I see you have old bluetooth drivers and a 2013 intel ethernet driver you can try the intel driver update utility and see if it finds a current driver for you: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d62x64.sys Thu Aug 29 17:48:57 2013
------------
4th bugcheck was memory corruption in windows eventlogging
third bugcheck was memory corruption in the nt kernel
second bugcheck was cause by corrupted data in memory used by a network component.

first bugcheck was caused by a bad memory reference by:

Kernel Cryptography, Next Generation
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\cng.sys Thu Jan 29 19:17:08 2015

machine info:

BIOS Version F5

BIOS Release Date 11/05/2014

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product H97N-WIFI
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3200MHz