Windows 10 keeps rebooting at boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony359

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Hi there,
My Windows 10 installation does not boot anymore, the PC reboots while it's booting up. I have tried every advanced options available (safe mode, low resolution video...) to no avail.
I tried enabling the bootlog but I cannot find the log file when I eventually browse the disk from my windows 7 OS.

I'd like to restore the installation rather than reinstalling it.

Does anybody have any idea? The build was not the very last one but the preceding one, so not so old.

Thanks
Tony

Solution
Hello tony359

I am a bit confused with this statement, "Windows 10 installation does not boot anymore, the PC reboots while it's booting up."

If I am getting it right, during the first restart of your Windows 10 installation/upgrade, the installation starts right from the scratch.

This may be because the boot priority in the BIOS of your computer is set to DVD and during every reboot, the PC boots with the DVD itself.

To rectify this, you must set the first boot device to DVD when starting the installation and must change the priority to Hard Disk Drive when the system restarts for the first time during the installation.

You can learn how to configure the BIOS to set the boot device priority in the first few seconds of...
Hello tony359

I am a bit confused with this statement, "Windows 10 installation does not boot anymore, the PC reboots while it's booting up."

If I am getting it right, during the first restart of your Windows 10 installation/upgrade, the installation starts right from the scratch.

This may be because the boot priority in the BIOS of your computer is set to DVD and during every reboot, the PC boots with the DVD itself.

To rectify this, you must set the first boot device to DVD when starting the installation and must change the priority to Hard Disk Drive when the system restarts for the first time during the installation.

You can learn how to configure the BIOS to set the boot device priority in the first few seconds of this video tutorial.

Let me know if any further assistance is needed. Good Luck!!

Solution

tony359

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Hi,

This is a very old thread - I know have my final windows 10 system which I reinstalled from scratch when it was officially released.

Sorry, I was not clear. With "my windows 10 installation" I meant "My windows 10 system". The computer was rebooting during boot-up. Cannot remember what I did to fix it to be honest.

But thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.